Bear River Head Start CACFP Assistant for Cache County, UT. Full time, fixed hours, 12 months/year. Benefits. Minimum High School Diploma, some college, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two years office experience preferred. Must be computer literate. Mature and able to work without supervision, be a self-starter, work with deadlines and work well under pressure. Click here to download our employment application, or you may pick up an application from the Secretary at Bear River Head Start. Both an application and resume are required and may be:
- Hand delivered to Bear River Head Start, 95 West 100 South, Suite 200, Logan, Utah;
- Faxed to 435-755-0125; or
- Email to email@example.com.
Bear River Head Start is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
All Bear River Head Start applications and resumes must be turned in by 5:00pm on 3/24/2017.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the CACFP Specialist, the CACFP Assistant will support activities, observations, documentation requirements to ensure compliance with the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Day to day observations, data collection, and documentation will ensure program accountability and reimbursement for meal service expenses and ensure program eligibility within CACFP guidelines. Responsibilities include supporting requirements for providing healthy and nutritious meals to enrolled children.
- Monitoring of Head Start and Early Head Start classrooms; 3 observations per year, per site, and follow up as needed. Tracking of monitoring results and improvement/status reports.
- Ordering food and food service supplies; including purchases from vendors, gaining approval of blue slips, placing orders online, and pick up as needed for food and paper products for Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Development of price lists from food and paper product vendors. Maintain, update, recertification of prices as needed. Distribute price comparison lists to appropriate staff.
- Distribute food and paper products to appropriate staff as required.
- Work in collaboration with other health staff to ensure children with special dietary needs have meal approval. Maintain tracking sheets, verify all teachers have necessary blue slips and submit blue slips for all meals.
- Work with the CACFP Specialist to ensure tracking systems and documentation for purchase orders.
- Ensure receipts are correct and attached to blue slips and submitted for reimbursement. Maintain appropriate tracking systems.
- Work in cooperation with staff to ensure point of service sign in/sign out sheets are accurate for all centers and socializations. Research/compare/verify questions that arise including; re- verification of numbers, rosters.
- Assist in developing reports for all contracted meals. Ensure menus have components documented and serving sizes. Distribute menu and components to classes as necessary.
- When reports are returned, verify changes to meals are able to be claimed and the number of servings. Track and investigate irregularities.
- Assist in verifying accuracy of Menu Production forms for all meals. Verify the meal or snack is claimable and maintain tracking and documentation.
- Assist in inventory process by: verifying amounts, make revisions as needed, maintain tracking.
- Assist in obtaining menu’s from the school districts in which we serve children. Verify components and serving sizes for each meal. Ensure CN labels meet requirements. If necessary assist with development of menu’s, and distribute to school districts or Head Start/ Early Head Start staff. At month end, track and file corrected menus, under supervision of the CACFP Specialist.
- Assist in obtaining and maintaining a master list of child nutrition labels, product formulation statements and recipes from school districts.
- Assist in compiling new files at the beginning of each school year for Head Start and ongoing for EHS.
- Assist in maintaining and tracking of documentation for socializations including; CACFP sign in/sign out forms, POS for target child and adults/other children, menu production forms as needed, lunch reports as applicable.
- Assist with verification of infant feeding records for EHS as needed.
- Assist with developing 72 hour kits as needed including; tracking and restock, distribution.
- Assist with ongoing and continual maintenance of CACFP files.
- Participate in training opportunities as needed.
- Assist in compiling newsletters as needed for classrooms.
- Minimum High School Diploma, some college/ Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years office experience preferred.
- Must be attentive, accurate and detail oriented.
- Must be computer literate.
- Mature and able to work without supervision, self-starter.
- Ability to work with deadlines and work well under pressure.