Serves 3-5 year old children
Bear River Head Start is a comprehensive preschool program for children and their families. At Head Start we recognize the vital role parents play in giving their children opportunities to learn. Staff develop a partnership with parents in their child’s learning. Head Start emphasizes and teaches the importance of being healthy, eating nutritious foods, and staying safe; as well as providing information about literacy, employability, and meeting education goals.
Program Goal: Provide high quality child development services through home-based and center-based curriculum that assess each child’s development and progress by implementing child outcomes and promoting school readiness.
|Children Served:||Center-Based total: 346 children|
|Service Area:||8 Counties
3 in Utah (Cache County, Box Elder, and Rich)
5 in Idaho (Franklin, Bear Lake, Caribou, Oneida, and Bannock County)
Interesting Program Features:
- 30+ years of operating services.
- Early implementation of literacy program.
- Male Involvement staff and activities.
- Computer data system that collects and compiles data and reports.
- Meeting family needs by collaborating with local faith based organizations.