Bear River Head Start Fiscal Assistant. Full-time (8 hrs/day), fixed hours, 12 mo/year. Benefits. One year experience working in an office required (two years preferred), or equivalent experience working in Head Start. One year accounts payable experience preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must be computer literate: Microsoft Office, Excel, ten-key. Ability to work with deadlines and work well under pressure. Click here to download our employment application, or you may pick up an application from the Secretary at Bear River Head Start. Both an application and resume are required and may be:
- Hand delivered to Bear River Head Start, 95 West 100 South, Suite 200, Logan, Utah;
- Faxed to 435-755-0125; or
- Email to email@example.com.
All Bear River Head Start applications with resumes must be turned in by 5:00pm 9/11/2017.
Bear River Head Start is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the general supervision of the Fiscal Coordinator, direct supervision may be assigned according to program needs, the Fiscal Assistant will be responsible for preparing accounts payable, assisting with payroll, and other fiscal functions. The Fiscal Assistant will perform the office functions of the program so that the duties and operations are professional and responsible to the needs of the administrative staff.
- Prepare accounts payable for the organization: match invoices with purchase orders, file paid invoices, maintain current and past A/P files, code matched invoices and input for review, and prepare A/P checks for distribution.
- Assist with bimonthly payroll. Verify accuracy of time cards, prepare paychecks for disbursement.
- Data entry as required.
- Assist with employee benefits during open enrollment and as needed.
- Assist with maintaining record controls and record retention and destruction.
- Assist with grant and budget processes.
- Responsible for the tracking, calculation and batching of In-kind.
- Assist with preparing weekly bank deposits, as needed.
- Assist with maintaining program insurance policies.
- Assist with inputting and submitting annual Program Information Report (PIR), as needed.
- Check out all computer software.
- Assist with conducting annual update of all job descriptions and file in personnel files. Make changes to job descriptions as need arises and disburse copies to appropriate staff, as needed.
- Assist with CACFP claims.
- Maintain CACFP purchasing ledgers per state requirements.
- Assist in maintaining program organizational charts.
- Maintain employee contact list.
- Submit background checks for employee and volunteers as necessary.
- Prepare new hire packets, and process new employee paper work.
- Assist with maintaining employee personnel & health files.
- Assist with maintaining current inspections as required on facilities, as needed.
- Assist with annual CACFP contract renewal and renewal of CACFP contracts with school districts.
- Follow up on outstanding checks.
- Petty cash audits.
- Assist with preparing salary compensation survey annually.
- Prepare annual diaper and in-kind price comparisons.
- Assist with grant preparation, as needed.
- Assist health team with varnishes.
- Assist staff with print jobs.
- Maintain asset tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year experience working in an office required (two years preferred) or equivalent experience working in Head Start.
- One year accounts payable experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent communication and people skills required.
- Must be attentive to detail and follow through.
- Must be computer literate, Microsoft Office, Excel, Ten-Key.
- Mature and able to work without supervision, self-starter.
- Ability to work with deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Able to expand hours as necessary when workload is demanding.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Like a challenge.