Bear River Head Start EHS Cook /Janitor for Cache Co. Two part-time positions 4 hrs/day (morning 7:30-11:30am / afternoon 2:00-6:00pm), fixed hours, 12 mo/yr. Benefits. Previous cleaning/maintenance experience preferred. Experience working with Head Start or Early Head Start preferred. Experience working directly with infants, toddlers and families preferred. Must be able to obtain a food handler’s permit, CPR and first aid certifications. Must have a valid Utah driver’s license. Click here to download our employment application, or you may pick up an application from the Secretary at Bear River Head Start. Both an application and resume are required and may be:
- Hand delivered to Bear River Head Start, 95 West 100 South, Suite 200, Logan, Utah;
- Faxed to 435-755-0125; or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Bear River Head Start applications with resumes must be turned in by 5:00pm 7/18/2017.
Bear River Head Start is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the EHS Centerbased Specialist, direct supervision may be assigned according to program needs. The Cook/Janitor will carry out the objectives and philosophy of nutrition component and work closely with staff in following program objectives.
COOK RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and team meetings.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality about staff and enrolled families, discussing them only on a need toknow basis.
- Plan menus according to CACFP requirements.
- Shop for food.
- Wash, rinse and sanitize all equipment used for prep and service and return to proper storage area.
- Clean kitchen after each use.
- Fill out CACFP meal services report according to teacher count and turn in weekly to Health Assistant.
- Prepare and assist in food preparation for Center Base.
- Prepare meals and snacks for Center Base children.
- Clean up after each meal or snack.
- Remember Bear River Early Head Start is a mandatory reporting agency.
- Keep temperature logs on refrigerator, freezer, and dry food daily.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
JANITIR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Sanitizing toys after each use.
- Cleaning kitchens and bathrooms after each group.
- Vacuuming after each group. Shampooing carpets as needed.
- Keeping paper and cleaning products stocked.
- Purchasing of cleaning and maintenance supplies and other supplies for the center as needed.
- Every Friday do a thorough cleaning (clean out refrigerator and oven). Freezer when needed.
- Make monthly checks of smoke detectors and keep a log.
- When applicable, make sure the ramps to the doors are clear of snow and apply ice melt.
- Keep program vehicles serviced and fueled.
- Previous cleaning/maintenance experience required.
- Experience working with Head Start or Early Head Start preferred.
- Experience working directly with infants and toddlers and families preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a food handler’s permit, CPR, first aid certifications, immunizations, pass a TB test,physical, and food safety manager’s certificate.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, orally and in writing, have basic computer skill, and beable to communicate with staff and parents.
- Initiative in problem solving and managing challenges as they arise.
- Must have the ability to be organized, cooperative, flexible, and adaptable to frequent changes, and be aneffective, mature team member.
- Must be willing to follow direction and take on additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with families of diverse cultural, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must a valid Utah driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be cooperative, flexible, adaptable, and be an effective team member.
- Must be willing to follow directions and take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evening and morning shifts, and possibly some Saturdays.
- Must be reliable, able to work without supervision.
- Must be self-motivated.