Bear River Head Start Food Manager/Disabilities Assistant (Logan Center). Full time, fixed hrs, 9½ mo/yr. Benefits. Must successfully pass both of the Bear River Head Start required background checks. Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds. Able to get a Food Handler’s Permit and become certified in First Aid and CPR. Keep a valid Food Safety Manager’s Certificate (must be renewed every 3 years). Assist in food preparation and clean up of kitchen. Meet school buses both before and after classes where needed. Assist teachers in the classroom. Assist children in participating in all PHS experiences including outdoor playground activities, gym time, bathroom needs, field trips and classroom activities. Click here to download our employment application, or you may pick up an application from the Secretary at Bear River Head Start. An application and resume are required and may be:
- Hand delivered to Bear River Head Start, 95 West 100 South, Suite 200, Logan, Utah;
- Faxed to 435-755-0125; or
- Email to email@example.com.
All Bear River Head Start applications and resumes must be turned in by 5:00pm on 7/01/2016.
Bear River Head Start is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
FOOD MANAGER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Must successfully pass both of the BRHS required background checks and have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Prepare breakfast – refer to menu
- Distribute breakfast to morning classrooms
- Return coolers and containers to Woodruff Kitchen. Log vehicle mileage.
- Obtain lunch count from AM Classes and call in lunch count to Woodruff Kitchen.
- Pick up dishes from classrooms, wash dishes and clean kitchen, take milk to classrooms.
- Drive to Woodruff Elementary: 650 South 1000 West. Pick up lunch food items, transport back to Head Start and log vehicle mileage.
- Deliver lunches to classrooms, AM classes first.
- AM: Explore and Soar, Adventure, Inspire
- PM: Discover, Create and Imagine – (put in oven and use heat pads)
- Deliver lunches for PM classes.
- Pick up lunch containers, rinse out if needed.
- Wash serving bowls from lunch. Any breakfast prep for next day. Clean up kitchen.
- Prepare snack.
- Pick up snack dishes, wash dishes, take clean dishes to classrooms, clean kitchen.
- Order paper plates, cups, janitorial supplies, etc. Fill supply requests from outlying areas.
- Supplement the Sam’s Club order with a shopping trips to Walmart.
- Complete Production Forms, Blue Slips, Cleaning Schedules, and Lunch Count Forms.
- Keep a valid Food Safety Manager’s Certificate (must be renewed every 3 years).
DISABILITIES ASSISTANT POSITION DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Child Development Coordinator, the Disabilities Assistant facilitates the provision of services to children with disabilities. The Disabilities Assistant is responsible to provide extra help in classrooms when there are several children in a classroom with IEP’s or special needs.
- Meet school buses, both before and after classes where needed.
- Assist teachers in the classroom, as requested by the Mentor Coach, to allow teachers to provide extra intervention with children with disabilities.
- ttend all required staff trainings.
- Assist in food preparation.
- Pick up lunch and deliver to classrooms.
- Assist children in participating in all PHS experiences including: outdoor playground activities, gym time, bathroom needs, field trips, and classroom activities.
- Assist other disabilities staff in the performance of their duties when appropriate.
- Every effort must be made and documented to include both parents or significant male/female role model to the child, in all aspects of Head Start (including, but not limited to, home visits, parent involvement activities, meetings with teachers, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of child development.
- Experience working with children.
- Basic knowledge of behavior management.
- Flexible – adaptable to frequent change.
- Able to communicate with staff and parents.
- Able to get a Food Handler’s permit and become certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Must be available for full time work with flexible hours as needed.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.