Bear River Head Start Preschool Disabilities Assistant/Food Manager (Logan Center):
- Full time, fixed hrs, 9½ mo/yr, benefits.
- Basic knowledge of child development and behavior management. Experience working with children.
- Able to get a Food Handler’s permit and become certified in First Aid and CPR. Ability to obtain a valid Food Safety Manager’s Certificate.
Click here to download our employment application, or you may pick up an application from the Secretary at Bear River Head Start. Both an application and resume are required and may be:
- Hand delivered to Bear River Head Start, 95 West 100 South, Suite 200, Logan, Utah;
- Faxed to 435-755-0125; or
- Email to email@example.com.
All applications must be received by 5:00pm on 9/18/2017.
Bear River Head Start is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the general direction of the PHS Center Based Coordinator, direct supervision may be assigned according to program needs. The Disabilities Assistant/Food Manager facilitates the provision of services to children with disabilities. The Disabilities Assistant/Food Manager is responsible to provide extra help in classrooms when there are several children in a classroom with IEP’s or special needs.
- Meet school buses, both before and after classes where needed.
- Assist teachers in the classroom, as requested by the Child Development Coordinator, to allow teachers to provide extra intervention with children with disabilities.
- Attend all required staff trainings.
- Assist in food preparation.
- Pick up lunch and deliver to classrooms, as needed.
- Assist children in participating in all PHS experiences including: outdoor playground activities, gym time, bathroom needs, field trips, and classroom activities.
- Assist other disabilities staff in the performance of their duties when appropriate.
- Every effort must be made and documented to include both parents or significant male/female role model to the child, in all aspects of Head Start (including, but not limited to, home visits, parent involvement activities, meetings with teachers, etc.).
- Order paper and janitorial supplies, as needed.
- Complete production forms, blue slips, cleaning schedules and lunch count forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of child development.
- Experience working with children.
- Basic knowledge of behavior management.
- Flexible – adaptable to frequent change.
- Able to communicate with staff and parents.
- Able to get a Food Handler’s permit and become certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Must be available for full time work with flexible hours as needed.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to obtain a valid Food Safety Manager’s Certificate.
- Other duties as assigned.