Closes: Until Filled
WANTED: BRHS Preschool/Early Head Start Maintenance Person:
- Full time (7 hrs/day), fixed hrs, 12 mo/yr, $11.05/hr with benefits
- Knowledge of routine maintenance, make minor repairs, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Ability to be work flexible hours, as needed.
Click here to download our employment application, or you may pick up an application from the Secretary at Bear River Head Start. Both an application and resume are required and may be:
- Hand delivered to Bear River Head Start, 95 West 100 South, Suite 200, Logan, Utah;
- Faxed to 435-755-0125; or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bear River Head Start is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Click here to view the employee requisition form.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the general supervision of the Health & Wellness Coordinator, direct supervision may be assigned according to program needs. The Head Start Maintenance Custodian is responsible for building security and maintenance and for maintenance of vehicles at the Logan Center.
- Make minor repairs of all facilities.
- Ensure that all program carpets are cleaned twice per year.
- Check the facility periodically during holidays and weekends.
- Ensure that all company vehicles are maintained properly and on schedule as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep logs and records of maintenance and purchases for the vehicles.
- Supervise the storage of vehicles during the summer when not in use.
- Responsible for fleet safety inspections and registration and licenses of vehicles.
- Consult with management for major repairs.
- Maintain travel logs for each vehicle.
- Fuel vehicles.
- Oversee monthly cleaning of vehicles at the Logan Center.
- Conduct yearly inventory.
- Maintain and improve grounds at various centers.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Skilled in using cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Must have skills in making minor electrical repairs.
- Must be able to make minor plumbing repairs.
- Must be able to do minor vehicle maintenance.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have some carpentry skills (be able to use a saw, hammer, and drill).
- Must have working knowledge of computer repair and service.