Bear River Head Start Teacher Assistants for Cache County. Full time evening session (2:00pm – 10:00pm), fixed hours, 12 mo/yr. Benefits. Teacher Assistants – Associates degree in early child development/education or an age appropriate centerbase CDA (Child Development Associates). Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
Click here to download our employment application, or you may pick up an application from the Secretary at Bear River Head Start. Application, resume, and transcripts are required and may be:
- Hand delivered to Bear River Head Start, 95 West 100 South, Suite 200, Logan, Utah;
- Faxed to 435-755-0125; or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Bear River Head Start applications with resumes must be turned in by 5:00pm 7/14/2017.
Bear River Head Start is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the EHS Center Based Coordinator, direct supervision may be assigned according to program needs. The Teacher’s Assistant will work to provide high quality, responsive and developmentally appropriate care to enrolled children 0-3. Work as part of center based child development team to meet program goals and objectives and maintain compliance with all Performance Standards applicable to EHS center based services, as well as state licensing requirements.
- Ensure adequate supervision is provided at all times to enrolled children while at the center.
- Sub for teachers as need arises, implementing prepared lessons plans and activities being inclusive of children with disabilities and encouraging male involvement in the classroom as well as helping teaching staff.
- Attend all assigned trainings and team meetings.
- Help prepare materials and supplies needed to implement daily lesson plans.
- Provide a safe, secure classroom that supports exploration, interaction, and skill development. Provide responsive, nurturing and respectful care to children.
- Must understand and be able to demonstrate positive attachment practices with children and support healthy social-emotional development.
- Keep appropriate documentation on each child as assigned.
- Purchase and prepare food for children as assigned. Purchase other supplies as needed.
- Keep CACFP records on meals served as directed.
- Maintain high level of confidentially and professionalism
- Other duties as assigned under the direction of Center Based Specialist, including ongoing recruitment efforts to maintain waiting list.
- Associates degree in early child development/education, or an age appropriate center base CDA (Child Development Associate).
- Minimum one year experience providing care to young children preferred
- Knowledge of infant/toddler development, developmentally appropriate practice and activities, child environments, play interaction and attachment parenting.
- Team player, self initiative, and flexible.
- Must have dependable transportation and current driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and participate in activities on the floor and on child size furniture throughout the day.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to obtain and keep current CPR/First-Aid Certification.
- Must be willing to obtain and keep current a Food Handler’s Permit.
- Must be willing to obtain and keep current a TB skin test.
- Must be able to pass background check.